Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review - Silent Night by Mary Higgins Clark




When Catherine Dornan's husband, Tom, is diagnosed with leukemia, she and their two young sons travel with him to New York during the holiday season for a lifesaving operation. On Christmas Eve, hoping to lift the boys' spirits, Catherine takes them to see Rockefeller Center's famous Christmas tree; while there, seven-year-old Brian notices a woman taking his mother's wallet. A St. Christopher medal tucked inside the wallet saved his grandfather's life in World War II, and Brian believes with all his heart that it will protect his father now. Impulsively, Brian follows the thief into the subway, and the most dangerous adventure of his young life begins. . . .



My Review - 5 Tea Time Perfection

I loved everything about this story.  A mystery on Christmas Eve with beautiful characters, it was a race of time, my heart was pounding and I couldn't stop reading, I read it in one sitting, went to sleep at 2am with a smile.

I will recommend this one as Christmas Eve reading.

In the mind of a 7 year old, at first I thought would this really happen but I think when a child is focused and truly believes in something they get completely engrossed without realising the danger they could be putting themselves in.  And the focus came from his heart, love for his family.

Note - this is for the Queen of Suspense Challenge I am hosting which ends Aug 2011.  Go here for details if you want to join. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice review, Marce. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be reading this one for next year's challenge. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be looking out for this one. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 and Christmasy? Sounds like something I should read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try Mary Higgins Clark again! I read one book by her, over 15 years ago. I didn't care for it, but I don't even remember what the book was, let alone why :-).

    This sounds like one I'd enjoy so maybe I'll pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.