Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rename - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


I am sure the majority of those that have read this have thought of a new name, I want to know what it is....

And for those that haven't read this book, I bet it is 1) because of the name and/or 2) because it is a hyped book around the blogosphere.

I wonder if enough bloggers will participate - I have a # in my head, if I get that many responses, I will have a vote and the winning rename title will win a book from Book Depository.

So, go for it, what would you rename The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society?

Only 1 choice please and leave your email.

My choice - I wish I would have wrote them down as I was reading, but I keep on thinking about the Pig Roast so thought I would use that.  Here is my review.

My rename thought is:

The Pig Roast in Guernsey



I look forward to your comments :-)

9 comments:

  1. O cute! I want to play but I think I should read it first.

    I've been wanting to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love this so I think I would call it:
    "Letters that are supposed to be from all different people but all sound alike."
    I just think that would be more appropriate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juju, yes read it.

    Jackie, you are killing me, lmao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, let's see...as a play on words of the recent movie (and I believe it was based on a book?) Letters to Juliet, my rename is "Letters To and From Juliet" or "Raise Your Hand if You Knew the Channel Islands Were Occupied by the Germans in WWII". Maybe the second one is too long? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a hoot! I loved the pig roast scene - your choice is a good one. Let's see . . how about "Guernsians Do It With Letters"

    florida982002[at]yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read it and I don't really know but maybe "Inspirations from Guernsey"? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a post! I personally just always call it The Guernsey Book. I like everyone's cute suggestions though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this book back in 2009 and had to be persuaded to do so because the title was off-putting. In the end, I was so glad I read it because I loved it.

    My title (keep in mind it has been a couple of years since I read the book):

    The Words That Saved Us

    c_thurairatnam (at) hotmail (dot) com

    I decided to go with something more serious rather than quirky so it probably doesn't give the right tone. I just thought of how the books they read (and their discussions)kept them going through the hard times

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts as I was reading the book was, Where the heck is Guernsey? I got the atlas out and looked it up. I like the suggestions, and all I can think of is "Letters to Juliet" which is already suggested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.