Monday, January 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday



Currently Reading

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following to participate:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title &; author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser from page 10

That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book.  It's geometrically progressive - all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment.


I am so pleased I am reading this, I am thoroughly enjoying it.  I appreciate the title now but still think it is one of the worst titles ever, lol

I look forward to reading your teaser.
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Ha, I stayed away from this book because of the title too (seriously?! could it have been more boring and a mouthful? but like you, after I finished reading the book, the title made a lot more sense...) I'm glad I finally read it though, and happy to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this book this week also. I am also enjoying it. My teaser is from this book today also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this does sound good! Can't wait for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true!!! Great teaser!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one too! I became so immersed that I looked Guernsey up on the map, studied the area and watched old videos from the German invasion on YouTube! This is truly a great read! Glad you're loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had visions of little old ladies from the title :)

    So glad I read this one. I had no idea of the role Guernsey had in WW2.
    One of my favourite reads

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful book! I am adding it to my wish list. Nice teaser.
    Thanks for stopping by too
    °.¸¸.•´¯`»The Book Inn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..I love that teaser. Might be because it sounds like an awesome read or it might be because I love reading. Maybe both!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser, Marce!! So incredibly true as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent choice! I grabbed this quote for my collection when I read the book a few years ago!

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The title IS a little long..but I really loved this book! Great teaser..
    Kristy @ Dreaming By Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That's totally beautiful. I've been wanting to read this for a while.

    Great teaser.

    Here is my super late Teaser Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive been wanting to read this for soooo long. I finally bought the Audio and Im listening to it in the car right now...:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are enjoying it- I loved the book but the title is waaaaaay too long. Every time I mentioned it in writing I shortened it to GLPPPS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really need to read this book at some point. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I visited Guernsey as a child and loved those islands. I was never quite sure what this book was about and so didn't pick it up. I may reconsider after hearing you are enjoying it.
    I'm having a book review competition on my blog if you're interested.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.