The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.
I have been blogging for 2 years now and these are my:
1) Comment, comment, comment
2) Write a review at least once a week (Only memes posted may not get you consistent followers)
3) Create email just for blogging. I found this so important, no spam to account, easy to organise blog emails, review request, comment responses etc, this is a must in my opinion.
4) Wherever you keep track of your books, record who the recommendation came from, another way to network with bloggers, most appreciate you linking them but also what a great way to acknowledge a bloggers review made you choose a book. I use LibraryThing and it is perfect for note taking.
Some of the new trends are not for me, Facebook, Twitter etc, I do not do social media, in my professional role I have seen how it interrupts with life in such a negative way. Blogging is good enough for me.
For me the new trend personally is to be yourself and:
1) Create events or Challenges specific to a genre or topic in order to meet more bloggers with the same interest or goals.
Thrill Week - An event for fans of Thriller, Mystery, Suspense and Horror
I Want More Challenge - There are so many amazing authors but sometimes we get caught up in reading all the new we forget about the authors that have already impressed, excited us, gave us what all readers want, a great read, that wow moment, so this Challenge is to show all the authors that have pleased us already how thankful we are by reading more of their literary works.
Hope you enjoyed BBAW Week, great to meet so many of you, I look forward to building blogging friendships with you.
Enjoy the weekend. My Giveaway is International, click on the BBAW image above.