Monday, September 12, 2011

My Appreciation and Love for the Blogging Community




Welcome to Tea Time with Marce


Today is the start of BBAW, enjoy the week

This year’s theme is Cultivating a Community of Bloggers and Readers.


While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!



I have been blogging for 2 years and my first taste of the blogging community was when I came across the meme Booking Through Thursday. For a couple of weeks on and off I would read but not comment and one day I just said I want to network with other book lovers so I started this blog, Tea Time with Marce.

Over my 2 years I have learned a few things. How important networking and commenting on other blogs are, staying true to myself, participating on blogs during memes and challenges and the final for me is to not get overwhelmed, so posting 3 to 4 times is perfect and gives my followers from all over the world the opportunity to comment without feeling like they are late.

My Appreciation and Love.........

I respect these 2 bloggers for being amazing networking commenting leaders – thank you Kathy (Bermudaonion's Weblog) and Juju (Tales of Whimsy), you are always there.

Thank you Marie (Boston Bibliophile) for being a first commenter and you are still here today, I appreciate that.

Thank you Jennifer from Reading with Tequila, you may not know this but you taught me to stay true to myself and try to find my place in the blogosphere. I find you to be honest and always trying to think how to get bloggers involved with you and each other.

And to my Mystery, Thriller, Suspense buddies, Michelle (red headed book child) and Rae (The Best O' Books), blogging would not be the same without you guys, you have added to my Wishlist and TBR list so much it is the ultimate thrill and what makes it perfect is that you interact with me.

And to the bloggers I would love to have Tea with, Paula (Tomes Devotee), Julie (Reading without Restraint), Aths (Reading on a Rainy Day), Steph the Bookworm and Cheryl (CMash Loves to read) – you ladies are the best. You all have great blogs and content which I respect and enjoy. In many ways we have realised we have similar reading interests. Emailing away from the blogs is an additional special touch I appreciate.  BTW Julie, your blog is my favourite looking blog.

And last but not least, Christa (Mental Foodie), you are my favourite blogger, you have a genuine voice, have opened my eyes to memoirs and Non Fiction but love Mystery, Thriller and Suspense also. I love reading your posts and seeing your opinion, even when we don’t agree.

Diversity means so much to me personally and that is what is amazing about the Book Blogging Community.  So many have their own special touch thats adds to our book loving life.
 
I appreciate you.
 

28 comments:

  1. Lovely post going into the reasons these bloggers are special to you.

    Marce, I have to say, when did u get that new button? I was distracted by it. Quite blood thirsty. :)

    Have a great week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of new-to-me blogs on that list, so I'm off to check them out! My list of influential bloggers, if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all of them. Good ones!

    I had a hard time choosing. But I opted for totally unheard of blogs. Isn't that the intention of community. To spread far and wide!!

    Here is my post:

    BBAW 2011: Community

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhh thanks for the shout out darling :)

    I'm off to check out some of the gals/blogs you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a few that I haven't "met" before. Off to discover new blogs. Thanks for a great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy is amazing . . . I love her blog! How cool that Marie was one of your first commenters. I love her blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words! You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Marce, I absolutely adore you. You are one of my very best blog friends and I am so lucky to have you as a friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Marce :) you're the best! Glad to have met so many wonderful bloggers through you, and even though you are quite the bloody horror queen (wearing pink and high heels!) we have so much in common. Rae

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Diversity means so much to me personally and that is what is amazing about the Book Blogging Community. So many have their own special touch thats adds to our book loving life." love this comment and you've a great list here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog, Marce. I agree that the diversity is one of the great things about the book blogging community. Most of the blogs you've mentioned are new to me so I'm off to have a look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marce, any fellow fan of mysteries and thrillers is an instant friend of mine. Have a fun BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have chosen some of my favorites, too...and some that I must now explore.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list and great advice. It's important not to overwhelm yourself; otherwise, blogging stops being fun. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All fantastic bloggers (as are you!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know quite a few of these bloggers, and I have to agree-they're fabulous!

    By the way, I like the bloody button!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I haven't been by in awhile, and wow your blog icon with the hand and teacup is awesome! Super intense but it fits the mystery/thriller vibe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for commenting everyone, I appreciate it.

    Glad some of you like the new button, it's a little 'scary' but I still have the cute one also :-)

    I look forward to interviews tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful tribute you wrote here!! Well done. (And you're still freaking me out with the IT button!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, I love the new button! Secondly, these posts are great just because it helps me to find new blogs to check out ;) Book blogging is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the diversity of the book blogging community, too! It's amazing, and so wonderful to be a part of. I wish you a lovely BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marce,

    Thanks for sharing the bloggers you admire, I am glad I recently found yours!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel so honored to be on that list, Marce! Thanks so much! You have a fabulous blog out here and although I didn't directly participate in the Thrill Week, I loved the way you set it up and had a lot of fun reading your posts! I also love some of the blogs you mentioned here, and others are new to me, so I'm going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. <3 Thanks for mentioning my blog! :-) Obviously I'm a big fan of yours too! And you have a great list of other bloggers, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww, thank you so much! I appreciate you too, so much. You are one of my favorites. I may not stop by every day but I always stop by and see what you are up too. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is a great community, every body giving opinions of importance in most of the cases with really intelligent blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amanda Stevens has an amazing talent for writing intriguing gothic mysteries set in the South-in this case Charleston. Her characters are full of quirks and eccentricities, charm and secrets. Amelia is the perpetual outsider who unravels just enough secrets to reveal a darker mystery that underlies the series. Devlin is reminiscent of the great tortured heroes of the classics-REBBECCA's Maxim de Winter, JANE EYRE's Rochester, and even the haunted Heathcliff-and, like them, the reader isn't sure if he's the hero or the villain. And neither is Amelia. I loved this book and had only one complaint-that it ended and I have to wait for the next in the series to get more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.