Sunday, September 4, 2011

R.I.P. Challenge Sept 1 - Oct 31




Every September 1st through October 31st for the last 5 years Carl, has hosted the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge over at Stainless Steel Droppings , affectionately known as the R.I.P. Challenge. I began this reader event, I blinked, and now I am hosting this for the 6th time. Wow, that is so hard to believe.

The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

The emphasis is never on the word challenge, instead it is about coming together as a community and embracing the autumnal mood, whether the weather is cooperative where you live or not.

As you know these are my favourite genres but I do try to read the more scary, creepy, gothic reads for this challenge. 

These are intriguing me at the moment, we will see what I end up reading:  I will definitely read 4 maybe more.


    Dracula






    Creep











13 comments:

  1. You have a great list of books! (Dracula is on mine too) Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that Carl runs a challenge that doesn't put a lot of pressure on the reader. He really does just want us to have fun! Happy reading! Stephanie @ www.stephanieswrittenword.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I feel like I want to do this challenge but I'm literally doing 15 challenges this year, one that I haven't even started yet and another one that I need to read at least 15 more books for! But who knows, maybe I'll join this one too just for the hell of it.

    Good luck!!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marce! I am a new follower, and I found your blog through the R.I.P. Challenge. I share your interest in "Let the Right One In", and I think it is a great novel. I am a big fan of Scandanavian Literary Noir in all it's forms. Do you enjoy Jo Nesbo or Arnaldur Indriðason at all?

    I have just noticed "The Manufactured Identity" as your favourite book for 2010- and I am going to add that one to my pending pile for when R.I.P comes to a close.

    Who amongst us does not like a little Stephen King as well? I loved "It", but by far "Salems Lot" scared me most as a precocious pre-adolescent. Any innocent tap on my window would have me frozen in terror for years afterward!

    I look forward to following your blog and your R.I.P. reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some seriously spooky looking books there!
    I hope to tackle Dracula this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have lots of fun with whatever you wind up reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Dracula a few Octobers ago. It will be perfect for RIP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got all the fixings for a pretty scary thrilling line up to read. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOOOOVE Dracula. Such a wonderful book. My favorite.

    I need to try to watch the subtitled version of Let the Right One In during Peril on the Screen this year. I can't believe I haven't watched that yet. Bad me!

    Thank you so much for participating. I hope you are enjoying Thrill Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! This looks and sounds like so much fun! I love your list! I am going to be checking into these titles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! Dracula is one of my all-time favorite novels. I re-read it for last year's challenge. I would love to read the annotated version this year, if I can find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let The Right One In and Haunted are great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.