Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - April Pohren


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following to participate:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title &; author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser from Kindle

Glancing in the mirror above the sink, she feels shivers ripple along her body.  The thoughts of what she saw that morning, in that same mirror, begin to make her head pound. 


Book Summary from Amazon


Sandy has a perfectly normal life. A house that she loves, a job that she loves and nothing but a bright future ahead of her. All that changes, however, when unexplainable things begin to happen to her. Nightmares of unspeakable terror grip her and what occurs within those dreams, cross over onto real life. Will she be able to survive the grip of death within her dreams, or will the dreams win? 

Dream Me to Death is a mix of paranormal and horror sure to hold readers at the edge of their seat until the very end.



I am pleased to feature April's Digital Short.  Do you know who April is....  She is a blogger and her blog is Cafe of Dreams
April is Thrill Weeks featured host tomorrow, make sure to go over and visit.


April Pohren has been an avid reader and aspiring writer since she was old enough to hold a pencil and could read. This passion turned into the venture of her book review blog Cafe of Dreams Book Reviews where she shares many books of varying genres, author interviews, guest posts, book reviews, Virtual Tours and several of other fun things. The newest adventure has been becoming a Tour Coordinator for Partners In Crime Tours. Dream Me to Death is April's first digital short to be published with Trestle Press.

When not reading, reviewing and writing, April works as a freelance writer in between refereeing her two young children and preventing them from doing bodily harm to one another. April resides in Iowa with her husband, two children, three dogs and two cats. Yes, never a dull moment.




My Review - 4 Great to the last Drop


I enjoy digital shorts when you are in between books, unsure of what to read next, they are perfect. 


Dream me to death is the perfect title.  Sandy is an editor and is wondering if the book she is editing is getting to her, is the story to scary for her to edit or is she allowing her emotions and reality to mess with her head. 


Does the author just write horrors or does he make them reality without the reader knowing.  


April gives a gripping psychological thriller that is edgy and its possible you will have nightmares, oops, I mean dreams after reading....... wink wink



13 comments:

  1. O wow. I wonder what she saw. Great teaser darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOoooo this sounds good!

    Come...let me Tease you! And while your there don't forget to sign up for our Trick-or-Treat blog hop, or to win a signed copy of Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing this author, her blog, and what sounds like a great read!

    Here's MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what she saw that morning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate nightmares. I don't have nightmares often now. When younger, I did especially after a spooky movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser!Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't read horror, I would not be able to see for a month or more. Cozy mysteries are as wild as I get. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering what she saw...but not enough to read and find out. Like Gigi Ann, I can't do horror/thrillers much.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for featuring my story on your blog as well as the wonderful review! You are beyond awesome, Marce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoo, good teaser Marce!! And so glad Thrill Week turned out so well for you!

    Read Fifty Shades in a day and a half, omg, what can I say, it was like a car wreck and I couldn't pull myself away from it. I will blog about this book since it really affected me as I knew it would. I can't wait for #2 as tough as #1 was on me.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser, makes me wonder what she could have seen in the mirror earlier. This one sounds riveting--paranormal and horror sounds to scary for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oho, a very good choice of teaser. I'm intrigued! I hope you're enjoying your read! My teaser can be found here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.