Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday finds - True Crime and 1st Graphic Book


I found both of these books over at Sandy's blog You've GOTTA read this..... go read her review.

I got 2 for 1.  I have never read a graphic novel but this one sounds perfect, Green River Killer and some background she gave on the true crime novel The Stranger Beside Me.  Now this is a long book but I am so tempted. 

Have you read either, what did you think, leave your review if available.



Mortal Danger


















Utterly unique in its astonishing intimacy, as jarringly frightening as when it first appeared, Ann Rule's The Stranger Beside Me defies our expectation that we would surely know if a monster lived among us, worked alongside of us, appeared as one of us. With a slow chill that intensifies with each heart-pounding page, Rule describes her dawning awareness that Ted Bundy, her sensitive coworker on a crisis hotline, was one of the most prolific serial killers in America. He would confess to killing at least thirty-six young women from coast to coast, and was eventually executed for three of those cases. Drawing from their correspondence that endured until shortly before Bundy's death, and striking a seamless balance between her deeply personal perspective and her role as a crime reporter on the hunt for a savage serial killer -- the brilliant and charismatic Bundy, the man she thought she knew -- Rule changed the course of true-crime literature with this unforgettable chronicle.





Throughout the 1980s, the highest priority of Seattle-area police was the apprehension of the Green River Killer, the man responsible for the murders of dozens of women. But in 1990, with the body count numbering at least forty-eight, the case was put in the hands of a single detective, Tom Jensen. After twenty years, when the killer was finally captured with the help of DNA technology, Jensen and fellow detectives spent 188 days interviewing Gary Leon Ridgway in an effort to learn his most closely held secrets-an epic confrontation with evil that proved as disturbing and surreal as can be imagined. Written by Jensen's own son, acclaimed entertainment journalist Jeff Jensen, Green River Killer: A True Detective Story presents the ultimate insider's account of America's most prolific serial killer. Green River Killer is bound to become a well-recognized member of the crime-genre graphic novel family, including titles like Darwyn Cooke’s The Hunter and Alan Moore’s From Hell.


 
 
Have a great weekend.
 

8 comments:

  1. I have a copy of The Stranger Beside Me as well. I have a feeling it's a book that will keep me glued to the pages when I decide to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like very good books for the true crime books lover. True crime books are to me very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool books! I love love love crime novels, but I don't think I've ever read a TRUE crime novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a graphic book. I have read a few true crimes they can be more scary since it all really took place. Read the true story behind the Amityville Horror about Ron Defeo who killed his family, Fatal Vision about Jeffrey McDonald convicted of killing his family and a couple others I can't remember.

    To look at Ann Rule you would never think she writes of such horror but she is a great author!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any crime/mystery graphic novels. I may have to give Green River Killer a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love True Crime and I've read all of Ann Rule's books. No reviews because it was pre-blogging. I'm sure you'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Stranger Beside Me years ago and I found it fascinating. If you enjoy true crime, it's a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Anne Rule! I think it might be because I watch a LOT of Investigation Discovery but she writes in the same "suck you into the story of these horrible events" way that makes you want to know more about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.