Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
 
These are the one's I am excited to read, a few coming out this year, came out last year and some favourites of blogging friends.
 
I chose 12 for the new year 2012......  Ok Ok I just couldn't do 10, lol


   A Temptation of Angels



   The Mermaids Singing (Dr. Tony Hill and Carol Jordan Mysteries)



   The Bone Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel)



   Heads You Lose



   Bedbugs



   The Human Bobby: A Novel



   Forbidden



   Sister: A Novel



   The Memory Palace



   Dirty Secret: A Daughter Comes Clean About Her Mother's Compulsive Hoarding



   Up from the Blue: A Novel



   The Missing Ink: A Tattoo Shop Mystery



I can't wait to see what you are excited to read.  If you didn't do meme, tell me 1 or 2 in the comments please.





15 comments:

  1. Great list! I've actually read 3 of those books and they were all wonderful in their own ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got several of these on my list to read this year too. I can tell you that I enjoyed SISTER very much. And I want to read but am cringing over BEDBUGS. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy - the 3 probably were added to my Wishlist from your reviews.

    Kay - I can't wait to try Sister, now it is decided what is first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! Bedbugs sounds crazy that is going on my list! I have one of Jeffrey Deavers books on my shelf and am going to read it for the challenge, sadly with my kaka memory I don't remember which one just that the protaganist is a woman law enforcement. Ok, Forbidden seems like one of those that will most definitely make you feeel many emotions and I think I'm going to add this to the list for book club. Don't know if they can handle it but I am going to read this regardless. I have three of my own I want to absolutely read this year - The Night Circus, I wanna see if it lives up to all the buzz that surrounded it, A Discovery Of Witches, and The Wrong Mother. Of course I now need to add your finds as well.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, I would say go with another Sophie H, I didn't not like Wrong Mother.

    I don't think Night Circus will be my cup of tea but I have considered Discovery of Witches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am picking up recommendations from everyone's lists! Sister was an excellent read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bedbugs is really creepy. I read it this year and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list Marce. I have Bedbugs sitting on Mt. TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen the mixed reviews for Wrong Mother, I actually have it on my shelf for a few months now. I'll read it only since I bought it. Night Circus and Discovery are both just intriguing me so I thought lets see.

    Thanks for the info :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of these books look very intriguing, but The Bedbugs cover is really creeping me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd read 4 of them :) The Mermaids Singing looks pretty good! I have no clue what I will read... one for certain is probably Insurgent which is YA dystopian #2 in a series :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read The Mermaids Singing and The Bone Collector and highly recommend them both. Val McDermid happens to be my all time fav author of thrillers. I was lucky enough to meet her at BEA last year. I darn near pee'd my pants! LOL

    BTW..if you like Mermaids Singing check out Wire In The Blood on Netflix. It is a series based on these books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Up From the Blue is AMAZING! It was on my 2011 favorites list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Missing Ink: A Tattoo Shop Mystery

    I am looking forward to that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see Bone Collector and Missing Ink on there. Loved them both. I'm hoping to get to The Human Bobby this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.